Facility Kennel Assistant
Applicants must be 21 or over
If you are someone who is confident in handling dogs, while being able to maintain a positive attitude at all times and work well on a team, this job may be suitable for you. Our ideal candidate is able to work from 10:00AM – 7:15PM. This part-time position is available for 2 – 4 days a week.
Starting salary is $16-$18 an hour. Raises are dependent on performance and efficiency, not time. The quicker you learn and become efficient at your tasks, the quicker you will receive raises.
This job is NOT a good fit if…
- You have any physical ailments or discomforts.
- You have allergies.
- You are not comfortable handling puppy urine and feces.
- You are sensitive to smells
Work Tasks Include:
Help with the upkeep of the store
- Clean, disinfect and maintain puppy enclosures and playpens.
- Clean up puppy urine and feces.
- Sanitize, sweep and mop.
(This job is labor intensive. You will be lifting enclosure grids and trays for cleaning)
- Answer basic questions asked by customers
Provide care to puppies
- Check all puppies regularly for signs of health issues.
- Keep puppies brushed and clean
- Make sure puppies are fed and have water.
650 Central Park Avenue
Yonkers, NY 10704
(Please make sure you are able to commute easily to and from work)
If this position is one that you are interested in please email your response to [email protected] Please be sure to provide the following information in your email:
- Date of birth:
- Phone number:
- All days of availability:
- Method of transportation:
- A Video Cover Letter Link:
In response to Covid-19, we are asking for a video cover letter submission to limit in-person interaction.
Record yourself speaking in a video:
- What can you tell us about yourself?
- What kind of experience do you have with animals?
- What are your greatest strengths?
- Why do you want this job?
- Why should we hire you?
- Why did you leave your last job?
- How do you handle stressful situations?
- How are you a team player?
Upload your video to the platform of your choice (Youtube, Vimeo, iCloud link, Dropbox, Etc.) and include the link in your email response.
We look forward to hearing from you and hopefully working together in the near future.